• How Is “Caramel Color” Made?
• ITCA Frequently Asked Questions on Caramel Color
• “Caramel color safety – An update,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, January 2018
• U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Questions & Answers on Caramel Coloring and 4-MEI
• European Food Safety Authority (EFSA): EFSA reviews safety of caramel colours
• Flavor & Extract Manufacturers Association (FEMA)
• International Food Information Council Foundation
• European Technical Caramel Association (EUTECA)
• Sethness: Frequently Asked Questions About Caramel Color
• International Technical Caramel Association Industry Position Statement - U.S. Labeling of Caramel Color versus EU Burnt Sugar
• EUTECA Decision-Tree: How to distinguish between Caramel Colour I/E150a (food additive colour) and Burnt Sugar (aromatic foodstuff)
• International Technical Caramel Association Industry Position Statement - Gluten Free Caramel Color
Now that you’ve learned about caramel color’s history, benefits and many potential uses, there’s plenty more to explore! Click the links in any of the sections below.
© 2020 All Rights reserved ITCA